Untitled entry
Flames to dust, lovers to friends, why do all good things come to an end?
- All good things (come to an end), Nelly Furtado
As we grow older, we start to see things in a different light; see the other side of the coin. We grew up striving to be the best, attain the best. Perfection is not just a dream, but a goal; a destination.
But when we are close enough, we realise that we can't keep it; we gotta let it go. Just like a full-blown bubble will eventually burst, a candle light which burns brightly will eventually die. Good things don't exist for eternity. If they do, they probably won't be cherished like they would be when they were gone.
The shine and glow lasted for that mere moment and it would be gone forever.
The close to perfection is an uneasy one. Everything becomes so surreal. What you could have now may not exist in the next moment, what you could see at this moment may just disappear in the next...
For all we know, they won't last.
If that is the case, I would rather not have it in the first place then to lose it in the next moment. I would rather not have seen it then to think it was only an illusion in the next moment.
I would rather remain trying, looking, searching for it... in the hope of finding its presence. At least, it still exists in the end point of this journey.
When I'm nearing it, I'd rather take a step back and to admire it from afar, knowing that it is still there...
then to come close and to find that it's gone.
- All good things (come to an end), Nelly Furtado
As we grow older, we start to see things in a different light; see the other side of the coin. We grew up striving to be the best, attain the best. Perfection is not just a dream, but a goal; a destination.
But when we are close enough, we realise that we can't keep it; we gotta let it go. Just like a full-blown bubble will eventually burst, a candle light which burns brightly will eventually die. Good things don't exist for eternity. If they do, they probably won't be cherished like they would be when they were gone.
The shine and glow lasted for that mere moment and it would be gone forever.
The close to perfection is an uneasy one. Everything becomes so surreal. What you could have now may not exist in the next moment, what you could see at this moment may just disappear in the next...
For all we know, they won't last.
If that is the case, I would rather not have it in the first place then to lose it in the next moment. I would rather not have seen it then to think it was only an illusion in the next moment.
I would rather remain trying, looking, searching for it... in the hope of finding its presence. At least, it still exists in the end point of this journey.
When I'm nearing it, I'd rather take a step back and to admire it from afar, knowing that it is still there...
then to come close and to find that it's gone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home