It can wait
I have too surprised myself this time.
I might have, could have and definitely would have gone with it. That beam never stopped burning. It has been keeping the cave warm, deep inside, quietly. It has never left my thoughts, it has never left the place inside me. It is ike a reason for me to move on with everything else in life, in the hope of becoming it one day. Now the door has opened for me, inviting me with a chance to make that dream come true.
For once, I thought that it might not be a good idea.
"Not now", I thought.
"Can it wait?" I deliberated, knowing that there is every possibility to lose that chance. For all we know, opportunities hardly kock on the door that often.
I could have ignored all rationalities and went ahead, on impulse, responding to the call from within.
But I paused.
The interruption came as a surprise.
For once, my mind takes control and I listen.
"It can wait", it says.
I might have, could have and definitely would have gone with it. That beam never stopped burning. It has been keeping the cave warm, deep inside, quietly. It has never left my thoughts, it has never left the place inside me. It is ike a reason for me to move on with everything else in life, in the hope of becoming it one day. Now the door has opened for me, inviting me with a chance to make that dream come true.
For once, I thought that it might not be a good idea.
"Not now", I thought.
"Can it wait?" I deliberated, knowing that there is every possibility to lose that chance. For all we know, opportunities hardly kock on the door that often.
I could have ignored all rationalities and went ahead, on impulse, responding to the call from within.
But I paused.
The interruption came as a surprise.
For once, my mind takes control and I listen.
"It can wait", it says.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home