17 April 2009

New soul

I have grown up over the years by becoming less "matured" in my thinking - by thinking less and worrying less about everything else. Something that has took away the aggressiveness that I used to have towards things, towards people and towards myself. Something that has taught me to free myself of tension and anxiety, to ignore when needed to, and to forget as and when.

A freedom that has no no doubt relieved me of stress.

An ignorance that has rid me of my high aims and ambitions.

A forgetfulness that has made me moved on in life.

Contented as I am, I have no regrets. It is a trade off between a tense and high-flying success in the social ladder or a relaxed and fair level of achievement in the social setting. Would I happier if I have chosen the former? I have yet to think back.

In the jukebox: New Soul, Yael Naim

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take
But since I came here ,felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

I'm a young soul
In this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about what is true and fake
But why all this hate? Try to communicate
finding just that love is not always easy to make

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

This is a happy end
Cause' you don't understand
Everything you have done
Why's everything so wrong

This is a happy end
Come and give me your hand
I'll take your far away

I'm a new soul I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take
But since I came here felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la....


"... a worse mood helped to focus people's attention on their surroundings and led to a more thorough and careful thinking style, while happiness tended to reduce focus and increase both confidence and forgetfulness." - Forgas

"much of our life is built on the hope for tomorrow yet tomorrow brings us closer to death and is the ultimate enemy; people live as if they didn't know about the certainty of death; once stripped of its common romanticisms, the world is a foreign, strange and inhuman place." - Albert Camus


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home