06 January 2009

taking it nice and slow

Six days into the new year and everything feels so similar and yet so different.

It's going to be a year of difficulty and also a year of opportunity... hopefully the latter outweighs the former.

To embrace an opportunity takes courage and effort. Am I ready to embrace them?

To seek courage for comfort, we seek them in numbers, like in a group. To find new courage, it takes only one, yourself.

At least, I tried to creak my door open... the light outside is too bright for me to take in all at one time. I'm learning to take things step-by-step, one at a time... just nice, and slow.

Breathe in, breathe out...

True to what the folks say, you'll find light seeping through your door if you open your door. If you don't, you never know the light is just outside. I've been in my own room for the longest time. And, still enjoying it. It's not easy to open the door as it's not easy for me to share my life with a stranger. Like I'd told a friend, I've forgotten how to share... like biting into the same pie with someone, drinking from the same straw or simply holding hands and sharing a hug.

It's going to be overwhelming year, as I have sensed... For now, I'm keeping the cool and staying calm.


2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Potatoe wrote...

Mmmm stop going around in circles... trying to hint us something? hurhur

5:42 pm  
Blogger Jerylene wrote...

rare comment from a rare guest :) well, my last line said it all. No hidden story.

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home