07 June 2009

Indulgence

When I set my resolution for the new year, I told myself that I want to live it up in 2009.

Little did I know that my interpretation for 'living it up' is quite far-fetched from what people would normally define the phrase.

In my very own terms, I wanted to make full meaning of living - to experience the most that I could. Well, this of course includes the pursuit of pleasure, but not necessarily in the most expensive way.

To date, I have been living by my own promise to experience more; to seek pleasure by letting myself enjoy the things that I like... at any expense, I have done it. I killed my cravings by satisfying them all - going on a gratifying shopping trip overseas, hanging out late with my girls with dance and/or music. I have been in a way, very pampering to myself.

If anything, the word to sum up my year so far:

in⋅dulge (from www.dictionary.com)
1. to yield to an inclination or desire; allow oneself to follow one's will

2. to yield to, satisfy, or gratify (desires, feelings, etc.)
3. to yield to the wishes or whims of


Cheers to the other half of the year, there are more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home