16 February 2011

25

Some people call it a quarter of a century. To me, that is probably a marking stick in the middle of a lifetime. Whatever that is, it feels like a totally different stage, a phase when things should start to take a different turn.

Chapter 25.

I wonder what I'll be writing in this chapter as it already feels like a story set in a new environment.

A chapter of new beginnings.

It's like a time for flowers to blossom, for maturity to flourish. It is as if the sky is shining in a different light, requiring fresh perspectives to look at this life. What are the things that I have achieved so far and those that I haven't accomplished? What is truly important? What really matters... now?

I used to avoid questions about planning for the future as it seems too far and unreal.

Now, I gotta think about now and probably further.

Turning 25 is about the hidden pressure that comes along with it like a wrapped gift package. I call it the awful age. It is not so much about getting older and having fine lines around the eyes. Awful because it is an awkward age, a time to realise what to be and what not to be, what to do and what not to do.

It is like life has taken a different turn. It is a wake up call to many things.

Self, family and future.

Hoping that I will be much braver to endure what lies ahead and to confront what I have to face - the good and bad.

"Bon courage, gambatte, 加油!" as I quietly recite to myself :)

I will make it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home