08 April 2007

guilty pleasures

the urge for a little dance, alcohol, live music and the beach creeped up on me.

all that rolled into one. tell me I'm addicted to something called 'nightlife'... the rice and bread of every party animal but never a word associated with a cinderella clubber who always leaves before midnight.

the yearning grew obvious ever since that beach party... I'm still missing something from that night.

perhaps its the tranquility of the beach at night... watching the darkness engulfing my entire field of vision, with occasional gleams from the seemingly calm sea - heaving peacfully right infront of my eyes and seeing glitters from the black starry sky above. listen to the waves. listen to the silence (quite an irony) as I desperately gaze into the darkness, across that abyss - searching for the horizon... the end till it all, some signs or signals... hoping, searching... like what I've been doing all these while.

nostalgia choked up that same memories I shared with my dearest pals as three of us chatted, paused, listened, watched... on the bed of rocks while feeling the sprinkles of water under our feet. thinking. wondering. pondering - about fate, future, life.

dance... to release the rigidity, suppression and restraints beyond my mental ability. stop holding back, let it out, express it all.

music... to feel life and beauty all at the same time.

alcohol... to be a little rebellious, unclear and less sensible at times.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger juliex wrote...

Can't agree with the alcohol part more... How I long to be able lose a bit of clarity. Reality hurts sometimes. I wanna dance too! Let go for once. Been so uptight. Hope one day I can hang out at the beach with you too. I happen to love gazing at the sky and the distant darkness and the unknown too! Guess that's why u're my greatest pal!

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home