31 December 2006

finding peace

never confront a friend when you are angry or never write a letter when you are in a bad mood. heard that umpteen times and it's so applicable... I almost did at least one of the above before and yes... the previous blog I wrote, I have a huge urge to delete it right away cos I don't feel my frustrations anymore... at least for now.

well well, at all beauty pageants... we heard the two big words "world peace". those are still pretty empty words now. what I really want is to find peace with myself. not a good selection of phrase either for that can sound like an absolute but I don't mean it that way. it's like humans being humans, we find faults with many things... but the root of it all, we found fault with ourselves. discontentment being a very good reason. and to be simple in life is just to stay contented! and that doesn't sounds too easy either.

I remember telling my friends that we can all have a similar purpose in life but yet what makes up and defines the purpose differs from people to people. what does a sense of security mean to someone? what does happiness mean? our different backgrounds shaped our perceptions and thus our priorities... I deemed the simplicity in life is to be happy as a person. so I seek my purpose in life... finding that purpose... working towards it and making things work out that way. my friend thinks she is simple cos she said she doesn't seek out the different way in life... she just hopes to finish the studies, get a good job, get married, etc. but ultimately, isn't that the same? all we ask for is a simple and happy life. but we see it so differently. she thinks I'm complicated when I don't seem to agree. cos I'm only asking for the same.

then how do we define simplicity in life?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

"To be simple in life is just to stay contented". Indeed it doesnt sound easy. Be content and life will be simple. But does a simple life allows one to be content with his or her current state? We may soon grew bored of our simple life and hope for something more-->no contentment-->life is complicated.

To live a meaningful life we have goals, we have wishes, we have hopes. Unless we fufill these goals/wishes we will never be fully satisfied and to be self content with what we have. Look at the contradictions of life.

Maybe by having no expectation of ourselves then will we achieve contentment and live a simple life.
hm...

12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home