22 April 2008

that door

walking down a one-way corridor...

following every step that is given ahead, moving on whichever way the path leads.

a quiet, dim corridor.

just me alone walking down the corridor.

the thought of walking down the lifeless path gave me the shivers.

with every step forward, I pray to see a beam of light, slowly emerging from a door, an exit at the side of the corridor.

I caught a glimpse of the door.

so eagerly, I quickened my pace.

so excitedly, I walked on faster and faster till I could see it.

so wanting to reach it.

but as I got nearer, the light became fainter and fainter.

fading away.

till I could find the light no more.

was it just an imaginary door?

for an instant, my heart sank as I dragged my feet along the corridor.

I felt so lost in a one-way corridor.

Even though the next step was just a step away, following whichever the path was leading me, I was even more lost.

that imaginary door.

that beam of light.

that wanting to find it, that wanting to reach it - gives me all the strength and direction that I would ever know in my life.



always feeling that the door might be just another step away, I keep on looking and hoping.

It might be just be a step away.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

hey girl!

you are not walking down the corridor alone! I'm walking behind you! haha...

knew u would write a blog entry last night! haha...

probably we shouldn't haven quicken our pace. whether it is imaginary or not, it doesn't matter now. coz we will find more of these imaginary doors as we continue to walk down the corridor in search for that door.

take care!珍重...

12:06 pm  
Blogger Jerylene wrote...

thanks so much, my friend!

the door is not imaginary afterall. :) I'm really happy and I hope that you will find your door soon!

4:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I am super duper happy for you too... (",)

Hmm... Well, I guess I'm left alone to walk this one-way corridor. But that's okay...

Hope to meet ya one day! Take Care...

12:45 am  
Blogger Jerylene wrote...

looks like lady luck is smiling on you too! :)

but the story doesn't end here; each door found leads to another corridor and we're on our own again. Just that we probably won't be that eager to find another door so soon as we'll be happily walking down the corridor which leads us to where we want to go.

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home