it hurts
it hurts to have hoped and then see them fading away.
it hurts to have once possessed and lost.
I shouldn't have even entertained the slightest thought of it. It was foolish. It was naive.
I shouldn't have hoped that things will have an unexpected turn... one day, someday, maybe, perhaps.
Will I see a miracle?
Why do I always hope for the impossible no matter how slim the chances are, how past experiences reminded me that I'm hoping for the impossible.
I see the blocks slowly building up and then to be crumbled at the very end. Thereafter I forgot about it quite quickly and those blocks start building up again.
Am I feigning ignorance or is this ignorance a bliss?
Insisting to hold on to that tiny trail of hope... no matter how thin it is.
"though hope is frail, it's hard to kill"
we wish for something unlikely; we hope for something that is likely possible.
and it's a human weakness to treat all wishes like hopes.
it hurts to have once possessed and lost.
I shouldn't have even entertained the slightest thought of it. It was foolish. It was naive.
I shouldn't have hoped that things will have an unexpected turn... one day, someday, maybe, perhaps.
Will I see a miracle?
Why do I always hope for the impossible no matter how slim the chances are, how past experiences reminded me that I'm hoping for the impossible.
I see the blocks slowly building up and then to be crumbled at the very end. Thereafter I forgot about it quite quickly and those blocks start building up again.
Am I feigning ignorance or is this ignorance a bliss?
Insisting to hold on to that tiny trail of hope... no matter how thin it is.
"though hope is frail, it's hard to kill"
we wish for something unlikely; we hope for something that is likely possible.
and it's a human weakness to treat all wishes like hopes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home