19 March 2008

Take me by the hand

Take me by the hand and bring me far away from here.

All of us want to elope. Deep inside us, we are hoping that someone would come take us… out of the blue, away from this life, our life; the life we are going through right now, this life that we both loved and we hated.


Good or bad, the truth is, we want to get away… from mundanities, from reality.

We are binded to logic, rationality.

We lack the courage to go away.

We need a surprise someday, one day… that ‘one day’.

An adventure.

A romantic escapade.

'Take me by the hand. I’d follow you and believe in everything you say, everything we did, everything we felt, all the promises we made, even if it is just for one night.’

Hoping for that someone to reach out to us, to break the monotony. To tell us that it’s okay to lose it, to be irrational.

To trust a complete stranger, and yet not so much of a stranger.

Naively, I believe in that story.

That love can happen so suddenly yet feel so right. So short yet so powerful.

To believe, completely trust that moment. That gut feeling.

To surrender ourselves to the wind, and follow whenever it takes us.

Came and gone so suddenly. “It’s better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.”

Somehow I believe, I’ll wait for that moment. Or better still, I can create it.


" A saint once decreed,
that a man must agree,
to a woman's proposal today.
Give me a sign
whether to meet me at eight
at the same place you sit
to fulfil the tradition on February 29. " - Li-Ann, From The Leap Years (2008)


1 Comments:

Blogger tingspz wrote...

yea, don't we all wish for that indeed.... :p

4:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home