an anecdote
Some days ago, I was waiting for the lift when I saw my low-profile neighbours. The young daughter was narrating her school-time stories to her mum. To my horror, I overheard something that her mum said, "you can't trust your friends, they only want to get something out of you."
I was disgusted at her words. It struck me that I was fortunate that the person wasn't my mum; that I wasn't taught to think like that when I was young.
"How can anyone be taught not to trust," I thought. That is a horrible thing to do.
I looked at the child. She is young, naive and kind-hearted.
I hope she realised her mum is not always right; that we have to trust.
I was disgusted at her words. It struck me that I was fortunate that the person wasn't my mum; that I wasn't taught to think like that when I was young.
"How can anyone be taught not to trust," I thought. That is a horrible thing to do.
I looked at the child. She is young, naive and kind-hearted.
I hope she realised her mum is not always right; that we have to trust.

4 Comments:
We have to trust. But who to trust is another question afterall.
sad to say, but it's getting more and more common to hear such "advices" from the adults these days... hiaz*
putting my trust in others, never fail to do so... be betrayed by your trust? been always advised against it?
That is horrifying! How can such a distorted concept be taught to a child!
If there are many moms like that, the society is so going to becoming an insincere, loveless and cruel place!
We should always give others the benefit of the doubt, unless proven otherwise.
After all, love makes the world go round.
What is love without trust in the relationship?
The world will probably stop spinning.
Post a Comment
<< Home